YYppEE may at any time, at its sole discretion, revise or otherwise update this Agreement by posting an amended Agreement on the Site; any changes that YYppEE makes to this Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting. Please check this page periodically for changes to the Agreement; you will be able to determine if this Agreement has been changed since your previous visit by viewing the “Last Updated” information that appears at the top of this Agreement. Your use of the Site following the posting of an updated Agreement constitutes acceptance of the updated Agreement. If YYppEE makes a change to this Agreement that it deems to be material, you will be notified at the contact information you provide to YYppEE. You are responsible for providing current contact information in order to receive notice of any changes.
Further, YYppEE reserves the right, at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) without notice. You agree that YYppEE shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, or of any source code, code samples, object code, technical materials, documentation, discussion thread postings, blogs, wikis, data, photographs and any other content, information, technology or services available on the Site (the “Materials”).
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to YYppEE that infringes or violates any rights of any party. To protect third party privacy, you agree that you will not submit any information that contains Personally Identifiable Information (like name, phone number, email address or web site URL) of anyone other than yourself.
By submitting communications or content to YYppEE, you agree that such submissions are non-confidential for all purposes. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to YYppEE, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted, YYppEE a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. YYppEE may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the YYppEE without a prior agreement regarding confidentiality.
You agree that you will not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this Site.
YYppEE reserves the right to review all information prior to posting on the Site and to remove any information for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at its sole discretion.
3. RULES OF CONDUCT. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in accessing and/or using the Site and/or any Materials. In addition, your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the following rules of conduct. You agree not to:
(a) impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Site’s content, materials or services, or use, redistribute, republish or exploit such content or service for any further commercial or promotional purposes; (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Site; (d) engage in spidering, screen scraping, database scraping, harvesting of catalogue information, e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining information on users or other information from or through the Site or the services offered on or through the Site, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Site or the services offered on or through the Site; (e) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, Materials or information through any means; (f) use the Site or the services made available on or through the Site in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or such services, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers with requests; (g) use the Site or the Site’s services or features in violation of YYppEE’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; (h) use any known or future unknown technology to harvest, names, auction ids, web site addresses, names or addresses for spam, reverse engineering, data collection, data mining, unsolicited telemarketing or other unwanted nuisance intrusions; (i) use any device, software or scheme that would interfere with the proper functioning of the Site, or any transaction via the Site; (j) place an undue burden or interfere with the lawful transmission of YYppEE’s content to its users, use any device to limit YYppEE’s total free access to the web infrastructure; and (k) use the Site or the Site’s services in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you may not attempt (or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt) to engage in any of the foregoing prohibited activities or to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, disassemble, decompile or otherwise alter or interfere with the Site or the Site’s services, or any content thereof, or make unauthorized use thereof. You agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain, use or access, or attempt to obtain, use or access, any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Site.
4. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT SECURITY. YYppEE users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
(a) you will not provide any false personal information on YYppEE, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission; (b)you will not create more than one personal profile; (c) if we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission; (d) you will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser); (e) you will not use YYppEE if you are under 13; (f) you will not use YYppEE if you are a convicted sex offender; (g) you will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date; (h) you will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account; (i) you will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission; and (j) if you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. YYPPEE’S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. You acknowledge and agree that the Site and the Materials are and shall remain the property of YYppEE and/or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance in writing by YYppEE, you agree not to copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform or create derivative works of the Site or any of the Materials, provided that, subject to your compliance with this Agreement,
YYppEE does grant to you a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license to (a) access the Site and the Materials via the Internet solely for purposes of viewing such materials and (b) to print out pages of the Site for your personal, non-commercial use if you include the following copyright notice: "Copyright ©2014, YYppEE ,L.L.C. All rights reserved" and other copyright and proprietary rights notices that are contained in the Materials. Any special rules for the use of other items accessible on the YYppEE Site may be included elsewhere within the Site and are incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
Materials and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of YYppEE. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to YYppEE and its licensors. If you violate any of this Agreement, your permission to use the Materials automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Materials.
All trade names, trademarks and service marks on the Site that are not owned by YYppEE or its affiliates are the property of their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks, and service marks owned by YYppEE or its affiliates, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not either YYppEE’s or one of its affiliate’s product or service, or in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion or dilution. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any of YYppEE’s (or its affiliates’) trade names, trademarks, or service marks without the prior express written permission of YYppEE or its affiliates.
While we actively protect our brand, we also want our users to let others know about YYppEE. YYppEE’s brand features are available for use without our prior express written permission pursuant to certain conditions. Any other uses must be agreed to in advance by YYppEE.
6. ADVERTISEMENTS, SEARCHES, AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES. The Site may provide links to third-party web sites. YYppEE also may select certain sites as priority responses to search terms you enter and YYppEE may agree to allow advertisers to respond to certain search terms with advertisements or sponsored content. YYppEE does not recommend and does not endorse the content on any third-party websites. YYppEE is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the YYppEE Site, third-party sites provided as search results, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. YYppEE does not endorse any product, service, or treatment advertised on the YYppEE Site.
7. MOBILE. We currently provide mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you must update your account information on YYppEE within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number. You provide all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information that is visible to them on YYppEE, as well as your name and profile picture.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. YYPPEE, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS SUPPLIERS DO NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL, WARRANTIES THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES THAT ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE) AND THE MATERIALS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YYPPEE, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF YYPPEE, ITS AFFILIATES AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS.
9. INDEMNITY. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless YYppEE, its affiliates and its suppliers, and each of their respective partners, employees, representatives and agents, from and against all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) arising out of: (a) your activities in connection with the Site; (b) any violation of this Agreement by you; (c) any improper or unauthorized use of the Materials by you; or (d) any allegation that anything you transmit through or in connection with the Site infringes or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or other rights of any third party.
10. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES. The Site is controlled and operated by YYppEE from its principal office in Davie, Florida, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject YYppEE to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of Florida and of the United States of America. YYppEE does not represent or warrant that the Site or the Materials, or any aspect thereof, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site or Materials do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with local laws. YYppEE may limit the availability of the Site to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time in its sole discretion. You agree not to transport, import, export or re-export all or any part of the Materials to (or to a national or resident of), or to use all or any part of the Materials from (as applicable): (a) Balkans, Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, Liberia, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) any person or entity on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders, and you represent, warrant, and covenant to YYppEE that you are not located in or under the control of any such country or on any such list.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, United States of America, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. In the event of a dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement, the Site or the Materials between you and YYppEE or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers, you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Broward County in the State of Florida, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
12. COPYRIGHT AGENT. YYppEE respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to YYppEE, designated as such pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2), named below:
Your address, telephone number, and email address;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
150 N. Nob Hill Rd. Ste-350
Plantation, FL 33324
13. MISCELLANEOUS. If any provision of this Agreement is found for any reason to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. A party’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
14. COMPLETE AGREEMENT; NO MODIFICATION; NON-ASSIGNABILITY. Except as otherwise expressly provided, this Agreement together with any of YYppEE’s policies referred to herein, are the entire agreement between you and YYppEE relating to your use of the Site or the Materials, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between you and YYppEE regarding the same subject matter (except other written, fully-executed contracts between you and YYppEE that expressly state otherwise). Neither the course of conduct between you and YYppEE, nor trade practice, shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement, and any modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with the prior written consent of YYppEE.
15. Restaurant is solely responsible to the customer for the care, quality, delivery and pricing of all their advertised goods and services.
Questions or comments regarding the Site should be submitted via email or via U.S. Mail to the email address or the mailing address found in the “Contact” section of the Site.
YYppEE receives data about you whenever you interact with the Site such as posting photos or videos which include metadata, such as the time, date, and place you the photo or video was taken; data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access the Site, including when multiple users log in from the same device, such as IP address and other information about things like your Internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, the pages you visit or GPS or other location information; and data from affiliates or advertising partners of YYppEE, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads and understand online activity, such as information from an advertiser telling how you responded to an ad on the Site in order to measure the effectiveness of and quality of ads. YYppEE may use this data to tell you about local events or serve you ads that we believe might be relevant to you. Regardless, except as required by law or expressly authorized by you, YYppEE only provides data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that the data is no longer associated with you. Any personally identifiable information that you submit to YYppEE will be used solely for the purpose of responding to inquiries or requests made by you.
Despite YYppEE’s efforts to protect your personally identifiable information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around the Site’s security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
You may delete your YYppEE account at any time by going to your Account Settings where you will find an option to delete your account. It may take up to one month to delete an account, and it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to YYppEE from its servers. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it.
3. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY. YYppEE is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Neither YYppEE nor any of its services are designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. YYppEE does not collect personally identifiable information from any person it actually knows is under the age of 13. If YYppEE discovers that a child under 13 has sent an email request to us or in any other way provided personal information to YYppEE, that personal information will be deleted from YYppEE’s systems as soon as possible. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor's use of YYppEE. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that any information submitted to YYppEE regarding a minor is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate. The parent or guardian also assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided through YYppEE for the minor. The parent or guardian can review or have deleted the child’s personal information and refuse to permit its further collection by contacting YYppEE at YYppEE, L.L.C., Attn: Privacy Matters, 151 N. Nob Hill Rd. Suite 350 Plantation, Florida 33324.
4. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. Even if you do not provide personally identifiable information to the Site, YYppEE collects non-personal information about your use of the Site. Your visit to the Site is tracked through a standard web traffic statistics program, which keeps records of traffic on the site, as well as numerical counts of visitors by domain, URL, search engine, keywords used, and other standard web measurements. YYppEE’s server automatically collects data about your server’s Internet address when you visit the Site. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you are on the Internet. When you request pages from the Site, YYppEE’s servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our customers as a whole, but does not include personally identifiable information. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Site; the web site you visit after this Site; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral site; and other web usage activity and data logged by YYppEE’s web servers. YYppEE uses this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Site. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. YYppEE may link this information with your personally identifiable information.
YYppEE may disclose user information to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at its discretion, or otherwise as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. YYppEE also may disclose user information in connection with investigations or when it has reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with its rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The YYppEE Site may contain links to other websites. Once you enter another website (whether through an advertisement, service, or content link), be aware that YYppEE is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. YYppEE encourages you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit through a link or advertisement on YYppEE. YYppEE does not disclose your personally identifiable information to these third party websites.
In some cases, when you click on a link or an advertisement on the Site, in an e-mail or newsletter, your browser may be momentarily directed to the website of a third party which, acting on behalf of YYppEE, notes or "counts" your response to the e-mail or newsletter before re-directing your browser to your selected destination; this re-direction process may not be apparent to you.
YYppEE offers Contact Importer tools to help upload third party addresses so that you can find your friends on YYppEE, and invite your contacts who do not have YYppEE accounts to join. If you give YYppEE your password to retrieve your Contacts, we will not store your password after you have uploaded your Contacts information. One of the primary reasons people use YYppEE is to aggregate their internet usage and to share content with others, such as your status, photos, videos, shared links, comments or messages. If you do not want YYppEE to store metadata associated with content you share on YYppEE, please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
7. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS; CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION; COMPLAINTS.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what personal information a company shares with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. YYppEE does not share your information with third parties for the third parties' own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission.
If you have a complaint or problem or if you have questions about YYppEE’s sharing practices, please let YYppEE know by sending an email or mailing a letter to the email address or the mailing address found in the “Contact” section of the Site. If you want to (1) delete your personally identifiable information from YYppEE’s systems, (2) update the personally identifiable information that you have provided to YYppEE, or (3) change your preferences with respect to receiving newsletters or other activities, select use the Contact Us link on the Site. Upon your request, YYppEE will delete your personally identifiable information from its active databases and where feasible from its back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to YYppEE from its servers.
If you do not receive adequate resolution of a privacy related problem, you may write to YYppEE at:
Attn: Privacy Matters
151 North Nob Hill Road
Plantation, FL 33324
At YYppEE, the security of our user’s information is our highest priority. So, we do a myriad of things to protect your sensitive data.
First, when it comes to your password, even WE cannot see it. Like a bank or other financial institution, we make our password storage system work in a way that only the person who created the password can login with it or reset it. Basically when you sign up with YYppEE, you enter your password and we do some fancy programming to compute a special value that "represents" the password. Then when you login, we run the password you enter against that represented password to see if they match. If they do, you're in, and if they don't you're not. That's why when you reset your password, all we can do is give you a new temporary one because we don't know the original. Cool huh?
Second, when it comes to all that sensitive data; whether it's from your social networks or emails, we don't ever store that information on our servers. We are a "pass-through." When you login and request that information, we ask the services for it, and then pass the info directly on to you. That way, we ensure that all data that is passed through YYppEE is "transient" and never held for periods of time in something like a database. The other way we interact with services is by utilizing a username/password combination that you provide. That information is used only over a secure channel and is encrypted on our servers. This is the same way any "app" would use that information to connect to another service. And if you decide you no longer want YYppEE to access your account, you can remove the service with a single click.
Third, there are 2 basic ways we connect with third-parties in order to provide you your content. For the majority of systems (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Yahoo!, etc) we connect using OAuth (Open Authentication) which allows us to connect directly over a secure connection to the data source and retrieve your data via a token issued by the third-party.
Fourth, per Wikipedia "OAuth is an open standard for authorization. OAuth provides a method for clients to access server resources on behalf of a resource owner (such as a different client or an end-user). It also provides a process for end-users to authorize third-party access to their server resources without sharing their credentials (typically, a username and password pair), using user-agent redirections."
And finally, we utilize best practices when it comes to working all those services that you take advantage of when using YYppEE. We use THEIR API's (application programming interfaces) in the way that they stipulate it. If they offer secure data transmission (which most do) we transmit everything securely. While we cannot control the security practices of all those services, we do make sure that we do everything we can to make your experience with YYppEE not only fun, but private and secure.